St. Joseph’s Academy Seeking A New President
September 24, 2021
Dear St. Joseph’s Academy Community:
With the 2021-2022 school year underway, we would like to update you on the progress being made by your Board of Directors in its search for a new President of St. Joseph’s Academy. We are pleased to inform you that Barbara Daush and Bob Regan, our consultants from Carney, Sandoe & Associates, have been busy this summer building a strong pool of candidates for the search committee to evaluate. These candidates have been identified based on the feedback we received earlier this year from the written survey of our community and in meetings with some faculty, staff, parents, students, alumnae and the Board of Directors.
Barbara and Bob have now spent most of September evaluating each candidate and plan to have a list of semifinalists for the position identified by early October. At that point, they and the search committee will interview all semifinalists and then invite the finalists to visit campus in late October or early November to meet with key constituents and be interviewed by the Board of Directors.
We are enthusiastic about the next phase of our search and look forward to getting to know our candidates through the upcoming interviews. We will continue keeping you posted on these developments as we move toward identifying our next President. Please do not hesitate to contact me about this at any time. On behalf of the Board of Directors, we thank you for your support.
Julia Mize, Chair of the Board of Directors
Stephanie Hall, Chair of the Presidential Search Committee
This Is An Exciting Time For Leadership Transition
St. Joseph’s Academy is on the leading edge of private Catholic high schools for girls in the highly competitive St. Louis, Missouri area. We are delivering on the mission promise of providing a high quality Catholic education and building our financial and operational resilience for the long-term.
Our outstanding academic performance, athletic accomplishments, and community service learning have made us increasingly distinctive and desirable for students and their parents from all walks of life.
- In 2019, Katherine “Katie” Lodes, one of our teachers, received the prestigious Presidential Award in Science Teaching from the White House.
- In 2020, over 23,000 square feet of the physical campus was transformed to deliver state of the art STEM educational facilities, as well as visual arts and humanities educational spaces to better prepare our students for college and beyond.
- Our endowment and fundraising have reached all-time highs, and the school operates at a high standard for responsible financial stewardship in a challenging environment for private education.
- All twelve varsity athletics teams, including the 2019 state championship Golf and Tennis teams, exceeded Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA) scholastic achievement standards of a 3.4 grade point average or higher, showing the program’s balanced emphasis on athlete and scholar.
Today we remain focused on expanding access to the Academy’s education through financial support and our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. This commitment is a priority that strengthens every aspect of the St. Joseph’s Academy community as we recruit and welcome students, faculty and staff of all ethnic backgrounds and faiths.
The Board of Directors has begun the process of searching for the next President of St. Joseph’s Academy, appointing Julia Bigley Mize (’92) to chair the Search Committee and Stephanie Hall as co-chair. The committee members are:
- Sr. Fran Maher, Board Director, CSJ Leadership Team
- Stephanie Hall, Board Director, Alumnae Parent
- Craig Hannick, Board Director, Alumnae Parent
- Andy Lodes, Faculty, Alumnae Parent
- Jay Meersman, Board Director, Alumnae Parent
- Julia Mize, Board Director, Alumnae '92, Parent
- Katie Kilcullen, Faculty and Parent
- Lisa Savoy, Board Director, Parent
The committee will provide updates on the progress of the search process via this web page and through direct communications with parents, alumnae, staff and faculty.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to contact the consultants in confidence. Candidates will ultimately need to submit the following materials as separate PDF documents:
- A cover letter expressing their interest in this particular position.
- A current résumé.
- A list of five professional references with name, phone number, and email address of each (references will not be contacted without the candidate’s permission) to:
Senior Consultant and Practice Group Leader, Catholic Schools Practice