St. Joseph’s Academy Seeking A New President
May 21, 2021
Dear St. Joseph’s Academy Community:
We want to update you on your Board of Directors search for a new President of St. Joseph’s Academy. The Board has approved implementation of the interim leadership plan developed for the 2021-2022 school year while the search for our next President continues.
We are pleased to announce that Marcia Niedringhaus will once again assume the position of Interim President of St. Joseph’s Academy. Marcia served as Interim President of the Academy for the 2015-2016 school year during our search that led us to Dr. Mooney. She has immersed herself in the SJA mission as a member of our Board of Directors from 2013 – 2020 and as Board Chair and is currently Vice-Chair of the newly organized St. Joseph Educational Ministries (SJEM), a ministerial public juridic person charged with retaining the Catholic identity and CSJ spirituality in perpetuity at the five institutions founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, including St. Joseph’s Academy. Marcia and her husband, Duke, are parents of two SJA graduates, Ashley ‘05 and Megan ’09, and are long-time members of Our Lady of the Pillar Catholic Church. Marcia graduated from two Catholic institutions, Incarnate Word Academy and Marquette University, before earning her law degree at Washington University.
Marcia was a partner at the law firm of Greensfelder, Hemker & Gale and participated in firm management as its hiring partner. In 2004, she became Executive Vice President and General Counsel for CWE Hospitality Services, LLC, where she oversaw the $150 million renovation of the Chase Park Plaza Hotel and developed The Private Residences at The Chase Park Plaza. Marcia also served as President and Board Member for Commercial Real Estate Women of St. Louis (CREW), chaired the City of Creve Coeur Planning and Zoning Commission and served on numerous boards including Marian Middle School. She has received numerous awards, including the St. Louis Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 and Most Influential Business Women and the YWCA’s Leader of Distinction.
Marcia’s business accomplishments and civic experience, coupled with her strong dedication to the Academy and previous service as our Interim President, makes her well-suited to lead us through this transitional period. She will join our administration and Senior Leadership Team, which includes:
- Dr. Jennifer Feise Sudekum ’93, Principal of Academic Affairs
- Karen Davis, Principal of Student Affairs
- Linda Holland Decker ‘83, Director of Institutional Advancement
- Dianne Dunning-Gill ‘88, Director of Enrollment Management
- Lisa Zobel, Chief Financial Officer
- Anna Hotop, Director of Campus Ministry
We are grateful that Marcia has once again answered our call to serve the Academy in this additional capacity. Please join us in welcoming her to this interim leadership role. Thank you for your support.
Julia Bigley Mize, (’92), Chair, Search Committee Craig Hannick, Board Chair
This Is An Exciting Time For Leadership Transition
St. Joseph’s Academy is on the leading edge of private Catholic high schools for girls in the highly competitive St. Louis, Missouri area. We are delivering on the mission promise of providing a high quality Catholic education and building our financial and operational resilience for the long-term.
Our outstanding academic performance, athletic accomplishments, and community service learning have made us increasingly distinctive and desirable for students and their parents from all walks of life.
- In 2019, Katherine “Katie” Lodes, one of our teachers, received the prestigious Presidential Award in Science Teaching from the White House.
- In 2020, over 23,000 square feet of the physical campus was transformed to deliver state of the art STEM educational facilities, as well as visual arts and humanities educational spaces to better prepare our students for college and beyond.
- Our endowment and fundraising have reached all-time highs, and the school operates at a high standard for responsible financial stewardship in a challenging environment for private education.
- All twelve varsity athletics teams, including the 2019 state championship Golf and Tennis teams, exceeded Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA) scholastic achievement standards of a 3.4 grade point average or higher, showing the program’s balanced emphasis on athlete and scholar.
Today we remain focused on expanding access to the Academy’s education through financial support and our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. This commitment is a priority that strengthens every aspect of the St. Joseph’s Academy community as we recruit and welcome students, faculty and staff of all ethnic backgrounds and faiths.
The Board of Directors has begun the process of searching for the next President of St. Joseph’s Academy, appointing Julia Bigley Mize (’92) to chair the Search Committee and Stephanie Hall as co-chair. The committee members are:
- Sr. Fran Haher, Board Director, CSJ Leadership Team
- Stephanie Hall, Board Director, Alumnae Parent
- Craig Hannick, Board Director, Alumnae Parent
- Andy Lodes, Faculty, Alumnae Parent
- Jay Meersman, Board Director, Alumnae Parent
- Julia Mize, Board Director, Alumnae '92, Parent
- Marcia Niedringhaus, SJEM Member, Board Director, Alumnae Parent
- Lisa Savoy, Board Director, Parent
The committee will provide updates on the progress of the search process via this web page and through direct communications with parents, alumnae, staff and faculty.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to contact the consultants in confidence. Candidates will ultimately need to submit the following materials as separate PDF documents:
- A cover letter expressing their interest in this particular position.
- A current résumé.
- A list of five professional references with name, phone number, and email address of each (references will not be contacted without the candidate’s permission) to:
Senior Consultant and Practice Group Leader, Catholic Schools Practice